We strive to be industry leaders, continually writing about and lecturing on topics related to our clients’ healthcare practices. We are curious, consuming articles and books on topics to strengthen our knowledge. We bring our interests to the office, discussing family, music and arts with our clients.
Most dentists begin their career with two principal objectives in mind: to help provide quality dental treatment to their patients while also securing their own financial future. Unfortunately, the pursuit of these objectives can be severely hindered by a lack of knowledge and preparation for the business and legal aspects of practicing dentistry. Having an experienced dental attorney can add value to your practice by pointing your practice in the right direction for growth while also mitigating the risks that might negatively affect your practice.
How Our Firm Can Help Your Dental Practice
For over ten years, our firm has assisted dentists to support their dental practice from formation to operations, and through a sale. Our work includes counseling clients on choosing the right entity, reviewing and drafting operational contracts, complying with state and federal regulations, assisting with capital events, and representing dentists in the purchase or sale of their dental practice.
Starting a Dental Practice
Starting a new dental practice can be a daunting task. Whether you are a general dentist looking to go out on your own, or a specialist looking to form a group practice, our firm provides strategic legal advice to help dentists choose the right practice model, comply with Dental Practice Act, and negotiate a dental office lease to provide a secure location for the long term. Click on the articles below for a checklist of issues to consider before starting a new dental practice.
- Checklist for Establishing a Professional Dental Corporation
- What to Consider When Structuring a Group Dental Practice
- Dental Office Leases: the Good, the Bad, the Ugly
- Writing a Dental Practice Business Plan to Maximize Your Growth
There is a wide variety of state and federal regulations that touch on the operations of a dental practice. At the Pacific Health Law Group,PC, our dental attorneys have the skills and experience needed to effectively guide dentists through the myriad of state and federal regulations that may affect their practice. Our services include:
- Maintaining a Professional Corporation
- Properly Advertising and Protecting Intellectual Property
- Complying with HIPAA regulations and Defending Data Breaches
- Advising on Proper Tele-Dentistry Arrangements
- Negotiations Management Support Services Agreements to Comply with Corporate Practice of Dentistry Regulations
Dental Practice Staffing Issues
A dental practice is staffed with both business support personal and dental allied professionals. Managing one’s employees in compliance with all applicable laws can be a tedious and strenuous task. California and federal statutes provide a complex framework of rules and regulations governing the employer-employee relationship. Our employment law services include:
- Drafting and Negotiating Associate Agreements
- Counseling Dentist on Employment Law Compliance Matters
- Advising Dentists on How to Protect Their Trade Secrets and Confidential Information
Buying or Selling a Dental Practice
Buying or selling a dental practice is a potentially life-changing opportunity that should be done only under the guidance of a business attorney who is experienced in dental practice sales and acquisitions. At the Pacific Health Law Group, PC, we are proud to offer a full array of dental practice transition services to ensure that any transition, whether you are buying or selling a dental practice, goes as smoothly and efficiently as possible. Click on the articles below for a checklist of issues to consider before buying or selling a dental:
- What Should be Included in a Dental Practice Letter of Intent
- Transition Issues for Dentists Buying a Dental Practice
- Transitions Issues for Dentists Selling Their Practice
- The Difference Between a Stock and Asset Purchase Agreement
Contact Our Los Angeles Dental Law Attorneys Today
At the Pacific Health Law Group, our legal practice is focused on providing business services to professionals in the healthcare industry. Our top-rated Los Angeles attorneys have extensive experience servicing dentists and dental practices. To learn more about how our legal team can help you, please contact us today to schedule your free legal consultation.