We strive to be industry leaders, continually writing about and lecturing on topics related to our clients’ healthcare practices. We are curious, consuming articles and books on topics to strengthen our knowledge. We bring our interests to the office, discussing family, music and arts with our clients.
For optometrists who are considering opening their own optometry practice, or those who have already established one and are looking for counsel regarding sound business practices, having an experienced optometrist attorney can add value to your practice by pointing your practice in the right direction for growth while also mitigating the risks that might negatively affect your practice.
How Our Firm Can Help Your Optometry Practice
At the Pacific Health Law Group, PC, our firm focuses on assisting optometrist to support their practice from formation to operations, and through a sale. Our work includes counseling clients on choosing the right entity, reviewing and drafting operational contracts, complying with state and federal regulations, assisting with capital events, and representing optometrist in the purchase or sale of their optometry practice.
The landscape within the optometry industry has changed drastically over the last ten years with the entrance of new large scale competitors. This can make starting a new optometry practice an even more daunting task. Whether you are an optometrist looking to go out on your own, or you are looking to partner with a large private equity company, our office provides strategic legal advice to help optometrists choose the right practice model, comply with federal and state regulations related to the practice of optometry, and negotiate a new optometry office leases to provide a secure location for the long term. Click on the articles below for a checklist of issues to consider before starting a new optometry practice.
- Checklist for Establishing a Professional Optometry Corporation
- What to Consider When Joining Your Optometry Practice with a Private Equity Investor
- Optometry Office Leases: the Good, the Bad, the Ugly
- Writing an Optometry Practice Business Plan to Maximize Your Growth
There is a wide variety of state and federal regulations that touch on the operations of an optometry practice. At the Pacific Health Law Group, PC, our optometry attorneys have the skills and experience needed to effectively guide doctors through the myriad of state and federal regulations that may affect their practice. Our services include:
- Maintaining a Professional Optometry Corporation
- Properly Advertising and Protecting Intellectual Property
- Complying with HIPAA regulations and Defending Data Breaches
- Negotiations Joint Venture Agreements to Comply with Corporate Practice of Optometry Regulations
Optometry Practice Staffing Issues
An optometry practice is staffed with both business support personal and allied professionals. Managing one’s employees in compliance with all applicable laws can be a tedious and strenuous task. California and federal statutes provide a complex framework of rules and regulations governing the employer-employee relationship. Our employment law services include:
- Drafting and Negotiating Associate Agreements
- Counseling Optometrists on Employment Law Compliance Matters
- Advising Optometrist on How to Protect Their Trade Secrets and Confidential Information
Buying or Selling an Optometry Practice
Buying or selling an optometry practice is a potentially life-changing opportunity that should be done only under the guidance of a business attorney who is experienced in optometry practice sales and acquisitions. At the Pacific Health Law Group, PC, we are proud to offer a full array of optometry practice transition services to ensure that any transition, whether you are buying or selling an optometry practice, goes as smoothly and efficiently as possible. Click on the articles below for a checklist of issues to consider before buying or selling a dental:
- What Should be Included in an Optometry Practice Letter of Intent
- Transition Issues for Optometrist Buying a Dental Practice
- Transitions Issues for Optometrist Selling Their Practice
- The Difference Between a Stock and Asset Purchase Agreement
Contact Our Los Angeles Optometrist Attorneys Today
At the Pacific Health Law Group, our legal practice is focused on providing business services to professionals in the healthcare industry. Our top-rated Los Angeles optometrist attorneys have extensive experience servicing optometrist and their practices. To learn more about how our legal team can help you, please contact us today to schedule your free legal consultation.